Friday, February 8, 2013

Wisdom


Have you ever thought of the word wisdom? Well this morning the word wisdom came to me, what does it really mean?

I said Father what do you want to teach me about wisdom? I know that many times, I have not walked in wisdom, when I look back at the choices I have made!
I know I have asked Jesus to help me, But I never at that time to asked for wisdom!
I guess this is the time to start asking for wisdom, I know as I’m writing the different books of the Bible, I'm so excited about doing the things Jesus has me do, It’s all about growing in Godliness.

I started in Matthew 5 Beatitudes This is what this book teaches on: Nine direct references to “the kingdom” are in this sermon calling for: humility (5:3), willingness to suffer persecution (5:10), earnest attention to God’s commandments (5:19), This is a big one! Refusal to substitute false piety for genuinely right behavior (5:20), this is also wisdom in verse 5:5 Meek does not mean weakness, but rather controlled strength.
The word carries the ideas of humility and not self-discipline.
The Godly person has confidence that God cares about his character, faithfulness, and integrity .
In 1 Kings 3:3 even small compromises in holiness, purity, and worship, even the slightest deviations from what you know to be right may eventually become major transgressions.
Wise Living (Teaches) 1 Kings 3:7-14 Do not presume to know how to do what the Lord has called you to do. (action) Cleave to the Lord. Depend upon Him for Wisdom!

Wisdom is stored in those who understand wisdom. It is not something they generate on their own, but that true wisdom comes only from the Lord. This divine wisdom is a gift to benefit all of mankind and is a storehouse, on call and ready for those in need of proven wisdom.
You and I are containers of the Lord in many ways as we “carry” Him into every detail of our day. When we show up He shows up; when we speak He speaks and our speaking is wisdom, graced to stand the test and carry the day. His words spoken through us are “spirit and life to those who find them” revealing answers and uncovering truth that may have been hidden.
You are a container of God’s wisdom. The Holy Spirit orders and refines the words you speak so that the storehouse of right and timely words is opened to those He sends you to. Compared to the wisdom of this age which is not good enough, in every area of life the Lord has His people who speak His truth and take that truth forth into each new day.
These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (1Cor 2:13)
I pray that every day we remember to pray for wisdom, because our Father knows the days we live in. And we need Him to guide every day, I pray you remind us to pray these scriptures daily for wisdom.
Amen.
Sister Dottie
James 3:17; John 6:63; 1 Corinthians 2:13; Deuteronomy 4:4-6; Proverbs 4:5; Proverbs 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment